5/1/10

April!!

Wow! A whole month has gone by and I did not write one thing :O(. So I am going to recap the whole month of April with one try - short and simple. First, I need to say that I had some goals that I wanted to reach for the month: run 3.1 miles without stopping, lose 10 lbs, spring clean, and keep a food dairy. I accomplished all but one. See if you can guess which one I did not reach? My goal for May - keep my journal up-to-date. LOL!

Apri1 1-10, 2010: On April 1st, I booked the campsite for our annual family camping trip. I always look forward to this wonderful time and I can't wait to get up early and run the campgrounds (never thought I would say that). As far as running, I met Petrovia twice this week at Shaver to run, I had a hard time running or finding my pace. Everything just seemed difficult and it was really discouraging. Plus, it was hot here - what happened to Spring? Because of the heat I decided to have my hair cut short! I love it! On the 10th, I finally made it for 1.4 miles but it was really tough - I really felt like quitting.

April 11- 17, 2010: I just continued to run and go to the gym. I have added at least one day of swimming to my routine and I am hoping that it will get easier. On the 17th, Greg and I went to Six Mile to run. I told him my goal was to run one mile, I was disgusted and did not feel like pushing myself. He encouraged me to slow my pace and of course I argued that I slowed down any slower that I would not be moving. Also, he encouraged me to keep running if I felt good after one mile and I said, "sure, whatever". Well, I slowed down my pace and after 1 mile I felt like I could go on so I ran for 1.5 and I could see the end of town. After all was said and done I ran for 3.2 miles. I was amazed that after I slowed down how much farther I could run. Now when I say slow I mean slow, Greg ran 5 miles the same day and he passed me. But I now know that I can run a 5k. Talk about encouraging!!

April 18 - 24, 2010: This week I ran 3.2 again! Greg and I went to Charleston for a wedding. It was a beautiful wedding! We got to the beach around 7:30 - boy was it cold! I ran a total of around 2.5 miles and Greg ran 3.1 miles but it was a lot tougher running in sand than on concrete. That evening we went to the wedding and had a blast hanging out with the folks Greg works with!

April 25 - 30, 2010: For the past month, I have walked everyday at work, ran or went to the gym in the afternoons, and have kept a food dairy. I started a journal on my weight loss journey because if I put it out there for people to see it I stay motivated. On March 31, 2010 we had a weigh in for a 'Biggest Loser' contest we are doing at work. I weighed in at 175.2 lbs on March 31. On April 30 we had the months weigh in and I weighed in at 164.8 a total of 10.4 lbs. We are doing it by percentage and this was 5.9% and that just happened to be the highest percentage. YAY!! I left work yesterday $70 richer!! The best part was that Greg took me to Run-In in Greenville and bought me a pair of running shoes. I love them!! 4 Weeks till the Race!

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Congrats on the weight loss, walking and having a busy month!

Suzy said...

I found out about the Fleet Feet Diva Night by reading my local Fleet Feet's monthly newsletter. I don't know how other Fleet Feets do it.