3/29/10

Family, Friends, and Music!


I had a wonderful weekend! Greg, our nephew Neal, and I went to our land in the mountains and did a little work Friday night and Saturday. Well, work consisted of Greg and Neal building a fort for us to stay in when it rains and I have to say it is a great fort. Plus, I got to spend the weekend with my mom and dad, sister Donna and her family. Then on Sunday, the GA's in their church had an auction and spaghetti dinner and all the proceeds went to "our Daily Rest" a homeless shelter in Seneca. It was great fun! It was truly a blessed weekend with family and friends.

When we arrived home on Saturday, Greg and I hit the road and I ran for 8/10 of a mile. The farthest I have ran at one time. It felt great! Although at first my goal was to run just 1/2 a mile but once I got there I just kept going until I couldn't go anymore. Greg walked Winchester and Bailey, I could here there paws scratching the pavement trying to catch up with me. Maybe it will wear down 'them' nails and we won't have to take them to the spa for a trim!

However, today I worked over a little at work. I got home and dressed out and Greg and I went to Six Mile to run. It was a tough run starting out - my legs felt heavy and my knees were screaming for me to stop!! Greg stayed with me all the way - encouraging me to slow down, not to swing my arms too much, and to take smaller strides. My goal was to run 1 mile without stopping. If starting at the school, it is the third pole on the left after passing the post office heading into Six Mile - just in case anyone wants to know. When we were around 25 ft from the mark, Greg told me to look away and to count the grooves in the sidewalk. He told me to just run the next four after that he told me "you can do three more" etc. etc. In the end, I ran a total of 1.1 miles thanks to my awesome husband. And of course my Ipod - I just don't know how anyone could run without one!

No comments: