3/26/10

The Route

I met Petrovia last night at Shaver Complex and we ran 1 mile or more altogether. Way to go Petrovia. Even though she ran me to death, I am very proud of her! We ran a complete lap which is 1/2 of a mile with a stop to watch Kaylyn's batting practice. Katlyn is Petrovia's baby girl (if you can call an independent 6 year old a baby) and my "great" niece and emphasis on great. It had been cloudy all day and we were blessed with a light rain as we were leaving.

On Tuesday at work, I found out that the route for the run had to be changed because the city did not have enough officers to stop traffic when runners crossed the main highways. So it was being considered to run "The Gignilliat" Run (not sure of name) which is a killer course full of hills especially at the end but today I was shown the route and I am happy to say that it is starting and ending at Shaver with a track going through the Historic District. This is moderately flat and we will get to run on a trail in the woods too. I am completely happy!

But the biggest news is -- this morning I weighed I have lost 4.2 lbs this past week!! Yay!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY YAY YAY!! Congrats on the weight lose. 4.2lbs AWESOME! What great motivation to keep up the hard work.
Thanks for the inspiration Rita. I too have always wanted to run a
5k but for many the same reason as you had, I too had.
Yay for the route!
Who knows, next year Cooper River Run!
keep running,
Tammy